LOCATION: CLAYTON, NC
Hello, my name is Dwight Carter and I have worked as a web and graphic designer for over 10 years. Currently, I work fulltime for The High Road Agency, a full-service marketing agency based out of Johnson City, TN as an interactive designer. Occasionally, I work on side projects through my freelance company called Pixel Craft. Overall, my objective is to find a position with a great company that provides stability and opportunities for growth. It is important to me that the next company I work for have a positive work culture and truly believes in investing in it’s employees.
Please review my information and do not hesitate contacting me to setup an interview. I look forward to potentially working with you!
The High Road Agency – Interactive Designer Johnson City, TN (October 2018 – present)
- Translate website design project requirements into wireframes, mockups, and working prototypes.
- Adovocate for better UXD with client projects.
- Build small business websites in WordPress.
- Support clients by providing website updates.
- Provide client training.
Sprout Media Lab – Web Project Manager Raleigh, NC (April 2018 – September 2018)
- Interfaced with web design clients on a weekly basis keeping them informed and up to date about their projects.
- Provided WordPress training.
Ply Gem – Web and Media Designer Cary, NC (August 2015 – December 2017)
- Managed and maintained multiple business unit websites.
- Supported brand managers and their initiatives with overall strategy, planning, and execution of projects.
- Created sketches, wireframes, mockups, and concepts for web projects.
- Produced web graphics, and content.
- Helped maintained Ply Gem’s WordPress blog.
- Worked with IBM WebSphere Portal.
- Trained brand managers on CMS and updating company websites.
- Created email templates using HubSpot.
- Created social media graphics, infographics, custom icons, and other creative assets.
- Created landing pages and microsites.
- Used Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, and Sublime.
Beacon Health System – Web Developer
South Bend, IN (August 2013 – August 2015)
- Website maintenance, content reviews and updates
- Web strategy and development
- Wireframing, mockups, and design
- Produced web content including web graphics and copy
- Email Campaigns (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Worked with WordPress and multiple CMS platforms
- Updated social media channels
- Project management
- Monitored Google analytics and reporting
- Created landing pages and microsites
Firepruf Media & Design – Owner/Web Designer
LaGrange, IN (August 2008 – August 2013)
- Management, customer service, and support
- Web project planning, designing, wireframing, mockups
- Created custom websites as well as WordPress sites
- Cross-browser testing, implementation of web standards
- Created graphics and print collateral
- Heavy use of Adobe CS
Liberty University / Lynchburg, VA.
Currently pursuing a MA in Visual Communication Design
TRINE University / Angola, IN.
Graduated May 9, 2015 w/BS Degree in Communication
Cum Laude (GPA 3.62)
Ivy Tech Community College / South Bend, IN.
Graduated May 9, 2010 w/AAS Degree in Visual Communications
Cum Laude (GPA 3.69)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Web Graphics, Graphic Design, Video Editing, Logos/Branding
Google Analytics, SEO, Social Media, Email Blasts, Content Writing